We offer world-class location and facilities.
The Rendezvous Lodge is centrally located in some of the world’s premiere mountains for backcountry skiing, the Chugach. You may already know the reputation of heli-skiing in Alaska, but you may not know how to choose the right destination to achieve your dreams of big mountain skiing.
Why we believe that Valdez and Alaska Rendezvous offers the best Alaska Heli Skiing:
To put it simply, we have more terrain, taller mountains, and better weather, making Valdez the premiere heli-ski location in Alaska.
Not all operations offer the same experience.
When you come to Alaska Rendezvous, you come to ski as much as possible. Our helicopters are just steps from your doorstep. The only time you leave the lodge is by helicopter. You spend your time in the air and on the slopes – your only commute is between the heli pad and your room.
Because we are a completely self-contained operation, we fly more. Our guests, guides, and pilots eat and sleep at our location. This means that if the weather clears in the afternoon, we can get out and fly — we do not have to make a decision for the day based on the morning’s weather.
We live in the mountains. We forecast avalanche hazard and weather conditions for the mountains. Although we are only 45 miles away from Valdez, the weather can be significantly different. The traditional Alaskan storm pattern clears from the north and allows us to fly while other operators to the south wait.
When we do encounter adverse weather, you have the comforts of a modern lodging facility with world-class food. Our Rendezvous Lodge enables you to engage with the community and, if you choose, to socialize nightly with guests and guides.
- The scale and expanse of the terrain with its steepness and snow quality cannot be experienced anywhere else in the world. Alaska Rendezvous Guides creates a satisfying and secure experience that enhances the best of everything that is Alaska.—Victor Gerdin, National Certification Chair for PSIA
- The Rendezvous makes it possible to experience the world's best skiing at a premier location in the Chugach. I can't thank you guys enough. I had a complete riot! The future is the Rendezvous, and they will take you there.—Jason Tattersall
- The new lodge facilities are hands down the best on Thompson Pass and right out the front doorstep is Mt. Billy Mitchell and endless terrain! The Rendezvous has definitely become an annual spring stop on the world tour!—Jon Klaczkiewicz
- Last winter was the first time that I got to experience heli-skiing the peaks of Alaska, and the guides did a great job. Even though all the guides at Rendezvous Heli-skiing are all experienced professionals that are taking their jobs very seriously, the atmosphere still remains fun and laid back.—JP Auclair
- Rendezvous Heli supplied me with one of the best trips into the Chugach that I have ever been on. The fact that they fly from 45 mile is really enough, but the experience of the guides and their motivation to ride the good stuff makes this operation top shelf. Thanks again, Theo.—Nate Cole
- Rendezvous has held over all of the positive perceptions, knowledge and zeal from the original big mountain Alaska riding experience, while carrying those qualities of friendly, unmanipulative business ethics into the future. Accessing much of the best terrain, with the best attitude - you'll see me at The Rendezvous again.—Kent Kreitler